A Korean woman claimed that Samsung Electronics' latest smartphone Galaxy Note 7 exploded while charging.
The woman posted photos showing the severely damaged phone in an online community called “Ppomppu,” which is frequently visited by smartphone users, on August 24.
She said, “My boyfriend’s Galaxy Note 7 exploded while charging at night. It’s been less than a week since he started using the phone on the 19th. I woke up by the bang and the smell of smoke. Fortunately, we were not injured in the incident and only our blanket was little burnt.”
Images posted on the online community show a Galaxy Note 7 severely damaged on the left side, black and burnt on the back and the front, in the aftermath of the explosion.
Other users who saw the photos said, “It seems that there are problems in the battery rather than the charger” and “I will leave the phone on the table, far away from where I go to sleep at night.”